Karen Ristuben is presenting "Just, one word..." at several area locations. Please come, and spread the word about this event: a multimedia performance/lecture on the issue of marine plastic pollution, plastics toxicity and public health viewed through the lenses of marine science, economics, politics, and public policy. Hope to see you there!!
- April 13, 1:30 pm, North Shore Community College Lynn Campus, McGee Building, LE203
- April 17, 11 am, North Shore Community College Danvers Campus, Math/Science Building 119
- April 25, 6:30 pm, Blue Ocean Society, Portsmouth Library, Levenson Room, Parrott Ave., Portsmouth NH
- May 11, 7 pm, Parker River Wildlife Refuge, cosponsored with Newburyport Recycling Committee, Newbury, MA
- July 16, Seabrook Beach Civic Association
November 15, 2011 ~ "Just, one word..." at NOAA's Gloucester headquarters, 55 Great Republic Way (Blackburn Industrial Park). In this 45-minute multi-media presentation, I present the important environmental issue of marine plastic pollution through photography, video, sound, and archival images, addressing it through the various lenses of marine science, economics, politics, and our consumer culture. Nina Samoiloff, a Rockport artist, will have some of her marine-debris constructed works on display in the lobby.
For musical events see